Biotech Builders Group expertise and planning in pre-construction help to set the stage for our client’s successful projects by performing the following:
- Meeting with all project stakeholders to clearly define the project goals and critical components (i.e. costs, lead times, etc).
- Communication and collaboration with design and ownership teams
- “Constructability” review of design and need to take schedule, logistics and cost into consideration during Design Development phase.
- Provide estimating and subcontractor/vendor feedback on cost and lead times of various project components during design phase.
- Review system User Requirements Specifications vs. General Arrangement & Piping Instrumentation Drawings to ensure both in agreement.
- Establish Factory Acceptance Test vs. Site Acceptance Test matrix for equipment.
- Develop BIM project execution plan with Owner, design team and subcontractors.
- Develop permitting matrix with responsible party & milestone date required.
- Develop preliminary Commissioning Test Plan and system start-up road maps for subcontractor buyout strategy.
- Buyout Building Management System/Process Control System contractors early in the process to incorporate IQ and OQ requirements into systems development.
- Develop Turn Over Package plan
- Decisions on pre-fab vs. conventional construction opportunities.
- Develop build-clean protocol for inclusion in subcontractor buyout.
- Establish Certificate of Occupancy requirements matrix and designate roles, responsibilities & schedule.
- Assist Owner in finalizing commitments on any leased equipment which may affect schedule (i.e. bulk gas storage systems).